- What is your character’s most recognizable trait? (If someone saw your character in a pub/on the street, what would they first notice? What makes them immediately recognizable as themself?)
- What does your character’s voice sound like?
- Do they like to sing? Can they sing?
- Does your character have a noticeable accent of any kind?
- If your character was spending an evening in an inn/tavern/pub, where would they sit? What would they be doing?
1. Tharion Greyseer is recognizable as a demon hunter, and fits the demon hunter visual template well. His most recognizable trait past his blindfold is usually his outfit. The tattered blindfold is worn above a blood red mask that covers his nose and mouth, the two pieces of cloth masking his entire face. No shirt can be found, but a loosely worn hakama rests around his legs. Commonly he keeps a singular shoulder pauldron strapped to his left and wields an orcish blademaster’s fullblade upon his back. Rarely, and only in extremely dangerous circumstances (on the most dangerous of hunts), he can be seen wielding the Netherscythe, the bone warglaive adorned with the seal of his Netherbane school).
2. For anyone who’s ever watched Stargate SG-1, Tharion’s speech pattern is actually modeled after Teal’c. And as such, his voice has inherited a similar tone. If there’s any difference, Tharion’s voice can sometimes be slightly deeper, but the basic speech pattern (proper dialect with little to no contractions, constant use of full names and rare use of shortened nicknames, and a hearty use of the word ‘indeed’) came from Teal’c. Sometimes, however, there can be a slight bit of influence from Agent Smith (from The Matrix), but not AS rigid as that.
“The Greyseer has been known to make … pauses … in his Common. He wishes to truly be certain that his words match his intent. To not do so would be … folly, indeed.”
3. Tharion does not sing, just as he does not dance. He keeps his emotions in rigid check, never certain any longer which desires are his and which are sparked by the demonic soul to which he’s bound.
4. Tharion has no distinct accent when speaking Common. He intentionally forces himself to speak words properly, and sometimes over-enunciates his sentences. His Darnassian, also, is without accent. But his speech in his native tongue is markedly more casual (but still restrained).
5. On the rare occasion that Tharion is found in a tavern, he would likely be standing. Tharion does not enter taverns to drink or relax, because such things don’t provide him with any form of relaxation (hey, if YOU were bound to a demon and worried at every turn that you could go crazy and kill everyone you cared about, you’d be uptight, too, methinks). Chances are high that he’d be awaiting a contact to arrive, or seeking out a wayward student or ally. If Tharion wishes relaxation, he can be found at the Netherbane Site of Lessons, deep within Ashenvale forest.